This mod restores as much removed props placements as possible while also changing various map assets based on the beta version of the game.
Everything was done with as much attention to details as possible, using promotional screens, trailers, in game tv shows and commercials, game textures and some other stuff as reference.
– FIB and IAA buildings lights
– Franklin’s mansion interior
– Vangelico jewelry store interior
– Liquor Ace neon sign
– Mirror Park lake
– 2405 house sidewalk marking
– 24/7 canopy at Vinewood Boulevard
– Grand Senora Desert
– Great Chaparral
– Kortz Center
– La Puerta
– Little Seoul
– Maze Bank Arena
– Mirror Park
– Mount Chiliad, Mount Gordo
– Pacific Bluffs
– Paleto Bay, Paleto Forest
– Rockford Hills, Richman, GWC
– Pillbox Hill
– Sandy Shores
– Del Perro
– Cypress Flats
– East, Downtown and West Vinewood
– Vinewood Hills
– Cassidy Creek
– Raton Canyon
– Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness
– South LS (Strawberry, Chamberlain Hills, Rancho)
– El Burro Heights
– La Mesa
– Palomino Highlands
– Vespucci, Vespucci Beach, Vespucci Canals
– San Chianski Mountains Range
– Palmer-Taylor Power Station
– Map Assets: move the “spparadise2” folder in “mods\update\x64\dlcpacks” and add “<Item>dlcpacks:/spParadise2/</Item>” to the “dlclist.xml”.
– Props Placements: move the “spparadise” folder in “mods\update\x64\dlcpacks” and add “<Item>dlcpacks:/spParadise/</Item>” to the “dlclist.xml”.
– Fixed some props in the East Vinewood Park being invisible
– Updated only the dlc pack
– Removed a couple of unused LOD textures
– Updated only the dlc pack
– Reworked multiple areas and redone all the placements, LODs and added static collisions. Thanks to Larcius for the gta5-modding-utils script
Note: because of all these changes the compatibility with other map mods isn’t available
– Updated the dlc pack (this is the last time I change the name I promise, lol)
– Updated “hei_hw1_blimp.ymap” (Manual Installation (MP map only) folder)
– Updated the “Disable Content” optional
– Added a new optional, “Vegetation Reflection”, which enables reflections for all the trees and palms. Note: the Vegetation reflection mod is required for it to work
– Merged the two dlc packs into one
– Added 2 optionals, one that disables the restored map placements and one that disables the restored map assets
Made a change to the custom plant pot outside the Michael’s house
Restored an emissive outside the 24/7 at Vespucci Boulevard in Little Seoul, based on this pre release screen
Updated both dlc packs
– Modified the textures of two posters at Vespucci Beach
– Modified the tint palette of an apartment complex in Little Seoul
– Modified the tint palette of the roof and windows frames plus changed the roof texture of the the “2405 house”
– Removed one hedge in front of the Banner Hotel in Pillbox Hill
– Fixed the Mirror Park lake still using the vanilla timecycle modifier
– Removed the redwood tree near the Madrazo’s stilt house
– Added a couple of bushes and plants at La Puerta
– Changed various palms models (plus positions) at La Puerta with the right model based on a dev image. Thanks to Stryfaar for helping with applying these changes
– Fixed the props on the sidewalk of the “2405 house” causing NPCs to stop and walk back
Updated “spparadise”, “spparadise2” and the compatibility script
Added two files for the MP map in the “Map Assets/Manual Installation” folder (the installation instructions are inside the archive)
Changed the name of the mod from “Beta Vegetation & Props” to “Beta Map Restoration”.
Map Assets (improvements over the original content from “Beta Map & Interiors”):
– FIB and IAA lights models and textures redone, with colors between the HD and LOD being more consistent
– Liquor Ace neon sign redone using an already existing one from the map
– Vangelico collision, models and textures redone, with one fixed floor reflection from Map Fixes also included
– Franklin’s house edits from the newer standalone version which was also redone
Props Placements (“Beta Vegetation & Props” changes):
– Fixed two LODs showing upclose at West Vinewood and Harmony/Grand Senora Desert
– Changed the flags of all the entities
– Removed a duplicated vanilla bush at the Palomino Freeway
– Removed the scenario points as they were only good for screenshot purposes and not for gameplay
What are GTA 5 Mods?
At its core, GTA 5 is an open-ended game that allows players to roam a vast virtual world, indulging in various activities from heists to leisurely drives. However, for those yearning for more, the magic of mods steps in to fulfill their desires. GTA 5 mods are user-generated content that redefines the game’s experience, providing players with a canvas upon which they can unleash their imaginations.
The Diverse Landscape of GTA 5 Mods
The world of GTA 5 mods is an expansive landscape filled with a myriad of creative offerings. Modders continually contribute to this ever-growing ecosystem, and some of the popular mod categories include:
- Graphics Overhauls: Visual enhancements take GTA 5’s already impressive graphics to a whole new level. From realistic lighting and textures to environmental improvements, these mods create breathtaking scenery that pulls players even deeper into the virtual world.
- Wild Rides: Vehicle mods are a staple for any GTA 5 player. Car enthusiasts and adrenaline junkies alike revel in the vast assortment of new vehicles introduced, including real-life cars, futuristic rides, and everything in between.
- Gameplay Twists: For players seeking unique challenges, gameplay mods offer a fresh take on the game’s mechanics. Custom missions, interactive NPCs, and dynamic weather systems are just a few examples of the captivating gameplay modifications available.
- Immersive Role-Playing: Role-playing (RP) mods transport players into alternate realities, where they can assume various roles and interact with others in a living, breathing world. The RP community thrives on collaboration, fostering engaging experiences within the game’s framework.
The Art of Modding
Behind each mod lies a talented and dedicated modder, often driven purely by their love for the game and their desire to share their creations with the world. Modding is a form of artistry, where skilled individuals use their coding expertise, design prowess, and storytelling finesse to shape the GTA 5 universe.
The Impact on the Gaming Community
The impact of GTA 5 mods extends far beyond the virtual realm. The modding community brings together players from diverse backgrounds, united by their passion for creativity and innovation. Modders collaborate, exchange ideas, and support each other in their ventures, resulting in a vibrant and interconnected network of enthusiasts.
The Future of GTA 5 Mods
As GTA 5 continues to captivate players worldwide, the future of mods appears even brighter. With new technologies and tools emerging, modders will have even greater scope for exploration and innovation. The community’s creativity knows no bounds, and players can expect a constant stream of new content that keeps the virtual city of Los Santos alive and thriving.
GTA 5 mods have transformed the gaming experience from a fixed adventure into a dynamic realm of endless possibilities. Modders play an integral role in shaping the game’s future, and their dedication fuels the imagination of players worldwide. As the modding community thrives and evolves, GTA 5 remains a testament to the unbridled creativity and ingenuity that flourishes within the gaming community. With the boundless opportunities afforded by mods, players will continue to be enthralled by the diverse and ever-expanding world of GTA 5 for years to come.