Before installing the mod, make sure to backup your mods folder just to be safe.
About Project Enhancement V
“PEV is a collection of modifications to enhance Grand Theft Auto V without the use of scripts with many hours formulating ideas, conducting analytical researches, investigations, and tests, as well as working around the limits through every loophole we can possibly find to push the game’s native files to its limits.”
Now you might wonder what the difference between DTAR and SALE is.
Best way we can put it is like this: Imagine PEV being a movie. DTAR is the Jayden Cut while SALE is the Yorpie Cut
The base is the same, but there is differences based on personal preference
DTAR is the remastering of Grand Theft Auto V’s Dispatch and the AI’s tactics and ambient behaviours, providing a complete rework of multiple files to provide a more realistic interaction between law enforcement, gangs, pedestrians and the player, with a new robust combative AI to push the player’s boundries. Were also proud to present an entire lore friendly overhaul for the dispatch system that expands 5x greater then vanilla’s dispatch system without the use of scripts.
– Built to expand Rockstars dispatch system to its maximum potential.
– Incorporates lore friendly agencies with new vehicles and peds across Grand Theft Auto V’s universe with new jurisdictions.
– Police will procedurally use better equipment, send differing types of units, and differing AI behaviours based on your wanted level.
– Police will setup a search perimeter where you are last seen. Expect to escape this search perimeter to lose the law as police will try to contain you.
– And lots of suprises!
– Police now “protect and serve” not “obey and survive.” As officers of the law, they will prefer to arrest you after 1 star. Law Enforcement now have rules of engagements such as stunguns, authorising marksman choppers to shoot and more…
– Pursuits are enhanced to introduce persistent police chases. Expect cops to maneuver through traffic and corners easier, with improved PIT AI. On-foot chases are also no longer a jog in the park, cops are faster, smarter and more agile on the run.
– Fistfighting has been improved to last longer. Expect brawlers to dodge, counter and throw hands more.
- Gunfights are now challenging, enhanced with a plethora of changes to push both the player’s and the AI’s limits to overcome and adapt. – always be careful with your flanks and prepare for 5 star pushes!
– Searches have been reworked from the ground up for a fair, and more suspenseful gameplay experience. Law enforcement no longer know about your whereabouts, searching from your last known position to a full-scale manhunt. Police behaviours have also been overhauled, now preferably working as a team while searching on-foot, clearing corners and walking cautiously.
- Stealth is now a fully functionable feature, as suppressed and melee weapons act as such. Only eye-witnesses are able to report crimes to grant a wanted level and witnesses take longer to dial 911. Emergency services such as ambulances, take much longer to respond to the scene. Making stealth kills more immersive. AI now has realistic perception and senses. You can now sneak behind an AI without alerting them. Helicopters no longer spot you instantly.
– The world is now alive. New custom, cut and increased amount of scenarios across San Andreas. Random events are also now more likely to unfold. Expect rivalry between gang members breaking out in the ghettos of Los Santos, and criminals mugging the player.
– A complete overhaul of pedestrian AI between the player. Pedestrians mind their own business more, and react much more realistically and dynamically. Player interaction with other NPCs is now improved, as you can now initiate conversations without random insults.
– Police previously searching for the player will “interrogate” and either warn the player for the crime in question or go for an arrest based on severity of wanted level.
- Refined the loadouts to provide a variety of weapons to make the AI more challenging, with a complete re-work for law enforcement, gangs, security and more peds for their choices of weaponry.
– Many quality of life improvements have been made to enhance the overall experience, such as brighter emergency lights, improving the voicelines for police officers, and much… much more.
– A lighter, stripped down version of the mod is provided through DTAR Lite. Designed to be compatible with other mods, utilizing only vanilla assets and limiting complex edits.
A Complete Overhaul to the Dispatch System
– A whole new dispatch system, with longer wanted level thresholds so the rising tension is reflected more and a lot more variety to units and more different departments joining in.
– Wanted levels themselves now also have a form of escalation to them. Expect to see SWAT teams at 3 stars show up after numerous police units were unable to stop you or expect to see FIB units spawn in at 4 stars after the first few waves of local SWAT teams have been eluded.
– Increased unit and vehicle type variety. Expect to see law enforcement roll up in armored trucks, APCs and even armed helicopters and boats as the wanted level reaches the max.
Expanded main jurisdictions
– The Los Santos Police Department and Los Santos County Sheriffs Department now have a whole new setup, both with an updated vehicle roster, new liveries and new peds.
– Blaine County now has it’s own sheriff, the Blaine County Sheriffs Office which can be seen ambiently as well as responding to wanted levels.
– The San Andreas Highway Patrol is now the main responding agencies on the various highways and interstates around the map, as well as some of the goverment facilities you can come across.
– The waters are now patrolled by the US Coast Guard and they will also be the agency responding to crimes commited here. If you however are close to the city, you will instead see the Los Santos Harbor Patrol responding at lower wanted levels.
– Bolingbroke now has updated Correctional Officers and Park Rangers also have seen minor tweaks.
– Fort Zancudo now has it’s own Military Police which will patrol the base and stand guard at various points.
New unit setups for all four local agencies which escalates depending on wanted level
– Each department now has it’s own motorcycle unit.
– Patrol officers drive around in Vapid Staniers and Scouts.
– Detectives using unmarked Staniers will spawn in at 3 stars and will use faster cars at 4 stars.
– Responders respond at higher wanted levels and have better gear and drive a faster car, which includes the Interceptor, the regular Buffalo, the Buffalo S and the Fugitive. The car depends on the department. These vehicles are also used by detectives at 4 stars. They can also spawn in either the Bison or the Alamo depending on the jurisdiction.
– Tactical responders officers drive in marked Grangers. They have the best gear available for regular police officers.
– SWAT units can start spawning at 3 stars after a while using the unmarked Granger. At 4 stars the Brute Centurion can join in on the chase. SWAT also gets heavier equipement as the wanted level goes up.
– The Aviation Unit comes with marksmen now who use a Marksman Rifle.
Expanded unit roster and arsenal for federal agencies
– The FIB now has multiple devisions responding. There are regular field agents in Gresleys and Frogger helicopters, there is responders in unmarked Grangers and FIB tactical teams driving Enforcers and Annihilators.
– Marshals take the place of FIB responders out in the countryside. They use their own Grangers and also have Buzzards and Annihilators.
– NOOSE is the heaviest response you’ll get. You’ll come across TRU’s in Brute Riots and armed Annihilators, heavy response units in Insurgents wearing heavy armor and using heavy weaponary, sniper teams using NOOSE Grangers and insertion teams using Buzzards.
– NOOSE also has a range of armed vehicles. Expect to see the RCV used to block of streets. The NOOSE also deploys the APC, also armed with a mounted machinegun. Last but not least there also is the Valkyrie helicopter with gunners who will use the heli its guns to engage you.
-The Coast Guard also has been heavily expanded. At low wanted levels they will use the Seashark driven by a single unit. Dinghys show up after them. Then responders in Predators respond and eventually you will come across tactical units in Patrol Boats who will use the boat its mounted machineguns against you. The LS Harbor Patrol have their own version of the Seashark and DInghy which they will use.
– Paramedics now also differ on where you are, with LSFD responding in the city, LS County Fire Dept ambulances responding in LS County, Blaine County Fire Dept ambulances responding in Blaine County and SA Medical Response ambulances responding on highways.
– FIB, Marshals and NOOSE use DLC weapons as well now, including the Military and Heavy Rifle, Combat Shotgun and other…
– Regular responder vehicles always come equiped with a searchlight which they will use at nighttime.
– Searches now consist out of cops setting up a perimeter which can be seen as a giant circle on the map. The closer to the edge you get, the more roadblocks you will come across. You can wait out 1 and 2 stars, anything higher and you will have to get out of the circle to evade.
– 1 star cops don’t recognize you, but will require you to commit crimes in their line of sight before they engage you. They also can use tasers to stun you.
– Ambient security guards no longer insta spot you during searches.
– All the AI changes regarding combat, driving and searches from DTAR have been included as well in SALE.
– Some police stations have been edited to match the jurisduction they are in and scenarios have been edited to further enhance some of the locations.
– The SWAT interior fix has been included and some interiors that can only be accessed by teleporter will have law enforcement inside as well.
– Cops will also react to your presense after you have lost your wanted level and cops are still around. After losing 1 star they will warn you to leave the area, at 2 stars they will vocally announce you are under arrest before you get a wanted level again and at 3 stars and up you instantly get a wanted level.
HeapAdjuster, WeaponInfoBlob Limit Adjuster and Gameconfigs are required to run this mod. Without them, expect crashes to desktop.
Recommended Heap Size to avoid crashes to desktop: 2048
Combat Tweaks.ASI is required to have all the visual runtime packages. If you encounter problems such as ghost cars, and other issues, please install the packages here:
Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes All-in-One
If you are using this mod with other mods, we suggest installing this mod last to avoid compatibility issues.
! Weapon Handling mods. – Weapon handling mods tend to replace weaponanimations.meta, which is a key component of DTAR and SALE for realistic search animations. Anything that replaces this file will break the mod. Copy and paste PEV edits to the mod that edits this file. If you use Immersive Combat Overhaul, a compabitibility file has been included which you can install.
! LSPDFR – Unsure. Base DTAR vehicles are not viable to arrest peds, due to how DTSWAT works, preventing peds from using the backseat of a patrol car.
! Vehicles.meta mods – Anything that replaces this file will break the mod. Copy and paste DTAR edits to the mod that edits this file.
! World of Variety – Not compatible. We would love to update it but with the mod being on Patreon as of now, we can’t provide a compatiblity file as of now.
! Hanako’s NPC Style Cover Animations – Not compatible.
! GTA V Redux – Not compatible.
– Overhauled Combative and Pursuing AI.
– Rebalanced police spawning.
– Cops are once again marked normally on the map with red and blue flashing dots, making escapes a lot more better. In addition, searches themselves have been overhauled a lot with this change in mind, providing a more fair experience.
– Fixed a crash where fib uses broken idle animations.
– Fixed players surrendering to cops even though no cops are close to the player.
– Fixed tons of minor issues not mentioned above.
PEV DTAR Lite [02-08-2024]
– Improved combative and pursuing AI.
– Rebalanced police spawning, providing a more fair experience.
– Updated meta files to latest PEV DTAR update.
– Fixed players surrendering to cops even though no cops are close to the player.
– Fixed alot of minor issues unmentioned.
What are GTA 5 Mods?
At its core, GTA 5 is an open-ended game that allows players to roam a vast virtual world, indulging in various activities from heists to leisurely drives. However, for those yearning for more, the magic of mods steps in to fulfill their desires. GTA 5 mods are user-generated content that redefines the game’s experience, providing players with a canvas upon which they can unleash their imaginations.
The Diverse Landscape of GTA 5 Mods
The world of GTA 5 mods is an expansive landscape filled with a myriad of creative offerings. Modders continually contribute to this ever-growing ecosystem, and some of the popular mod categories include:
- Graphics Overhauls: Visual enhancements take GTA 5’s already impressive graphics to a whole new level. From realistic lighting and textures to environmental improvements, these mods create breathtaking scenery that pulls players even deeper into the virtual world.
- Wild Rides: Vehicle mods are a staple for any GTA 5 player. Car enthusiasts and adrenaline junkies alike revel in the vast assortment of new vehicles introduced, including real-life cars, futuristic rides, and everything in between.
- Gameplay Twists: For players seeking unique challenges, gameplay mods offer a fresh take on the game’s mechanics. Custom missions, interactive NPCs, and dynamic weather systems are just a few examples of the captivating gameplay modifications available.
- Immersive Role-Playing: Role-playing (RP) mods transport players into alternate realities, where they can assume various roles and interact with others in a living, breathing world. The RP community thrives on collaboration, fostering engaging experiences within the game’s framework.
The Art of Modding
Behind each mod lies a talented and dedicated modder, often driven purely by their love for the game and their desire to share their creations with the world. Modding is a form of artistry, where skilled individuals use their coding expertise, design prowess, and storytelling finesse to shape the GTA 5 universe.
The Impact on the Gaming Community
The impact of GTA 5 mods extends far beyond the virtual realm. The modding community brings together players from diverse backgrounds, united by their passion for creativity and innovation. Modders collaborate, exchange ideas, and support each other in their ventures, resulting in a vibrant and interconnected network of enthusiasts.
The Future of GTA 5 Mods
As GTA 5 continues to captivate players worldwide, the future of mods appears even brighter. With new technologies and tools emerging, modders will have even greater scope for exploration and innovation. The community’s creativity knows no bounds, and players can expect a constant stream of new content that keeps the virtual city of Los Santos alive and thriving.
GTA 5 mods have transformed the gaming experience from a fixed adventure into a dynamic realm of endless possibilities. Modders play an integral role in shaping the game’s future, and their dedication fuels the imagination of players worldwide. As the modding community thrives and evolves, GTA 5 remains a testament to the unbridled creativity and ingenuity that flourishes within the gaming community. With the boundless opportunities afforded by mods, players will continue to be enthralled by the diverse and ever-expanding world of GTA 5 for years to come.