The most recent versions of OpenIV and OpenIV.ASI includes support for the “mods” folder, which can come in handy in the following situations:-
- You have a DVD or Rockstar Games Warehouse version of GTA V, and every time you alter files, Launcher downloads the original files; you want the original GTA V files without any modifications;
- You’d like to be able to flip between original and modified files quickly.
- OpenIV (2.6.3 or newer).
- ASI (1.1 or newer).
- GTA V ASI LOADER (build “May 2, 2015” or newer).
- Get OpenIV and install it. Configure it to operate with your GTAV installation.
- Select ASI Manager from the menu “Tools” > “ASI Manager” or from the tool bar’s “ASI Manager” button.
You can use ASI Manager to install, update, and uninstall ASI Loader and OpenIV ASI plugins.
- Download and install the ASI Loader and OpenIV.ASI files.
- In File Explorer, open your GTA V folder; in OpenIV, you can accomplish this quickly.
- Create a new folder called “mods” in the root of your GTA V folder (lower case).
The table below explains how to copy archives to the modifications folder. The path to the RPF archive in the “mods” folder must match the path to the RPF archive in the real GTA V folder, as follows:-
Grand Theft Auto V – Original archive path Path in “mods” folder
GTAV\update\update. rpf GTAV\mods\update\update.
rpf \sGTAV\common. rpf GTAV\mods\common.
rpf \sGTAV\x64\audio\sfx\SCRIPT. rpf GTAV\mods\x64\audio\sfx\SCRIPT.
rpf \sGTAV\update\x64\dlcpacks\mpheist\dlc. rpf GTAV\mods\update\x64\dlcpacks\mpheist\dlc.
rpf \sGTAV\x64e. rpf GTAV\mods\x64e.rpf
- At this point, if you wish to install a mod or alter a file, you must do it in the “mods” folder’s archive.
All of your mods will now be in their own folder, and the original files will remain unchanged.
Simply go to ASI Manager and delete OpenIV.ASI to return to the original files. You can also uninstall ASI Loader to disable all ASI plugins you’ve loaded.
You can utilize ASI Manager to swap between mods and the original game at any moment. It is not necessary to remove the “mods” folder each time.